Tuesday 29 March 2022

Tuesday, 29-03-22

Good morning!
Well, yesterday's plans went topsy turvy.  Not bad, just really wonky.
I decided not to have the egg in the bacon roll because I was having eggs for lunch.  When I got back from circuits, there was a message from my daughter in her house of plague - could I get some medication-type stuff.  So I popped to Morrisons to get what she needed and a few cheer up treats and took it all round, by which time I didn't really have time to make the planned leek and mushroom frittata so I had a chicken salad instead.
Thankfully, dinner went according to plan.
Yesterday's meals:

With or without the egg, this breakfast is always tasty.
And this was OK - I finished off the last of my home made green tomato chutney (unless there's another jar hiding in the cupboard).  
I'm sure the frittata would have been really nice and I will make it later on in the week, I hope.
The Singapore noodle recipe from this month's SW magazine was delicious and easier than the list of ingredients would indicate.  I could have used some frozen stir fry vegetables instead which would save time and make it very quick and easy, and I could vary the meat - chicken would work as well as the pork or even a mixture.  
I made half quantities and this is half of that so that is tomorrow's lunch all sorted out.
 Dessert was a kvarg.

Challenges:  
no alcohol
thirteen speed veg/fruit (minimum of ten)
three and a half syns  ( seven or less)
(but no healthy extra A)

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'm taking this with me to the spa.  It won't be too complicated to eat there.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  Singapore noodles; fruit
It was going to be the other half of the frittata so it's just as well I made two portions of the above for dinner yesterday.  It just needs reheating in the microwave.
SW: syn free

D:  turkey and mushroom risotto, perhaps side veg; yogurt
I'll use a bit more of the Christmas turkey (and stock) from the freezer and the basic risotto recipe I used last week, in Thermione.  I'll add extra veg too.
SW:  one syn for a tbsp lighter crème fraiche and an A for some cheese.  Half a syn for dessert

Exercise:  I'm off to the spa today for a swim and exercise on the machines.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra B
two syns

From the freezer:
turkey in stock
peas
corn
perhaps mixed veg


4 comments:

  1. Poor Beth. I hope she is over it soon. Think we're all going to get it sooner or later - hopefully mildly! Weigh-in last evening was good for me. 2.5lbs off (Club 10 award) and daughter stayed the same, which she was happy with having missed a week having been poorly, and her birthday the week before. We're visiting friends this w/e so will have little/no control over the menu. Luckily she's not a great cook so never eat huge amounts whilst there - it's the alcohol and crisps that'll do the damage! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good loss, Julia. Well done! Co9ngratulations on the club 10 award too. Maintaining in adverse circumstances is also great.
      Maybe you could take some fresh fruit with you?

      Delete
    2. I will stick to plan up to the w/e and limit the damage whilst I'm there. A couple of HiFi bars snaffled in secret should keep me from the crisps!

      Delete