Wednesday 23 March 2022

Wednesday, 23-03-22

Good morning!
The spa day yesterday was fantastic.  No, it wasn't in the least bit SW friendly but it was a one off, a treat, and I don't feel the least bit guilty!  So there.   :-)


Yesterday's meals:


I won't mention the spa meal in here (pop over to my other blog if you're interested) but on the way home I could have murdered a chippie.  However, knowing I had stuff prepared, I held out and made chips when I got in to go with my hunters chicken.

I had a nice surprise - some chocolate in the post, just a little bit, to go with some beads Annabeth sent me.  That was a treat and a half, thank you so very much.  xx


Today's plans:

B:  tomatoes on toast
. . . because I ought to have my healthy extra B.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread.

L:  crustless quiche, salad; fruit
In the interests of using up all those eggs, I'm going very SW-y with a crustless quiche.  I'm not sure what will go in it right now but I think I have one little slice of ham left in the freezer and if not, I will probably get out some bacon medallions.  I have peppers and mushrooms to add as well, so that should be tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese

D:  roasted butternut squash risotto, mixed veg; yogurt
Yesterday, for lunch, Beth had a roasted butternut squash risotto that was so delicious I thought I'd look for a recipe.
I found this:
which looks OK, not specifically SW but not too evil either  and with the added bonus of being a Thermione recipe so not much stirring - and I have squash in the freezer!  
I don't have to keep it vegetarian so I will use some of my nice, home made chicken stock.
It won't be exactly the same as the restaurant one but it should be really nice.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese (I know the recipe doesn't require that much but I like my cheese), one syn for a tbsp crème fraiche (not in the recipe but hey!) and two syns for five grams of butter (more than it says but - flavour!) plus half a syn for dessert.  I will use spray oil.

Exercise:
It's back to proper personal training today and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns (at the moment - I might use more syns)


From the freezer:
bread
bacon or ham
butternut squash
mixed veg

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a happy day - lunch looked rather good! Lordy - I raised my Speed Food game yesterday - overdosed on broccoli and I shall leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete