Monday 28 March 2022

Monday, 28-03-22 and Tracy Mouse's challenge

Good morning!
Well, yesterday really didn't work out as planned.  Beth contacted me to say she was feeling rough so I froze the meringue I had made (thank goodness they do freeze) and decided to have what I should have had Saturday evening, the prawn and smoked salmon pasta, for lunch instead.

Doers anyone watch Tracy Mouse.  She has a YouTube channel and is a SW target member.  She's lovely - very practical and down to earth, loves cooking and 'Mr Mouse' is a character too!
Anyway, she's been struggling to keep motivation high and has just started five weeks of challenges to focus her food plans and keep her interested.  It's things like reducing syns or upping speed.
As SW rather tweely says:
The more speed you use
The more weight you lose.

Anyway, she was sharing the 'paperwork' Mr Mouse has created for this and the new file she's bought for it, etc.  All stuff right up my street so I thought I'd join in and do similar and see how it goes.
So this week's challenges for me are
1.  no alcohol (every week up to my birthday - alcohol and SW friendly do not walk hand in hand!)
2.  minimum ten speed foods, a good mix of fruit and veg, each day (not the same as a 'portion')
3,  under seven syns each day

I'm still continuing with the Intermittent Fasting, whenever possible.  Sometimes it just won't work with Real Life but mostly it does.

Fingers crossed!

Yesterday's meals:

A very simple breakfast - the orange segments were lovely dipped in the yogurt!
The delayed prawn and smoked salmon pasta was - OK.  I didn't have fromage frais so I used quark and some lighter crème fraiche but some soft cheese would have been very much tastier.  I'll remember that for the future . . .
I added extra veg - some baby corn, some mushroom and salad leaves as I didn't have spinach.

Dinner was the braised ox cheek - it doesn't look anything special but oh, my goodness, it was so, so delicious and just melted in the mouth.  I had gravy too and the remains of that will go in the freezer for another time when it will be nice to have a proper gravy rather than bisto.
Definitely doing this again!
Then I blended a cookie dough mullerlight with some frozen cherries to make a sort of semi-frozen mush - nicer than it sounds!

By the way, the mash was delicious.  I cook the potato (chopped small so it doesn't take too long), mash it in my ricer which does an amazing job at giving me such smooth mash and then add an egg yolk (I have loads of egg yolks after making that meringue), a tbsp creme fraiche (lighter - one syn) and a bit of salt/pepper.  beat it all together and yum.

Total speed foods:  14
Total syns: 2
Today's plans:

B: bacon and egg roll with tomatoes and mushrooms on the side
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal roll and half a syn for a tbsp bbq sauce

L:  leek and mushroom frittata, salad; fruit
This is on p 21 of the new mag, the Sunday lunch idea and I have some very dismal leeks that really need chopping up, buts discarded and the rest used fairly quickly.  It doesn't use any cheese but I think I will add some.  It will make enough for two portions so that's tomorrow's lunch sorted out
SW:  one healthy extra A and one syn for some mayo with the salad

D:  Singapore noodles; yogurt
This is an all in one recipe, found on p 59 of the magazine.  I don't have vermicelli noodles but I do have other noodles so will have to use them instead.  It's going to be easiest to halve the recipe and I will have a portion left for another day.
Fingers crossed it works OK.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  It is circuit training today and I have to go into town first thing so that will be a nice walk around.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns


From the freezer:
bread roll
pork steak
sliced peppers
prawns

Finally, here's the link to Tracy's vlog post where she talks about her challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment