Wednesday 30 March 2022

Wednesday, 30-03-22

Good morning!

I did a big shop yesterday but was very pushed for time so I didn't take photos or do a haul post, sorry.
After my lovely meal the other day, I looked for more Ox cheeks but they were nowhere to be seen - obviously I should have got more when I could.  However, I did see some lovely, lean, slow cook steaks which I thought would be a good sub.
I'm also proper stocked up with loads of veg and fruit.

In the afternoon, when everything had calmed down, I put the steaks in my little slow cooker using the same method as the ox cheeks (see Sunday's post) and gave them six hours on auto by which time they were melt in the mouth.  I took out the meat and blended the cooking liquid and the vegetables and, yes, another delicious gravy.  It's actually very similar to the M&S tinned chunky steak gravy but at about a quarter of the price, seeing as those cans cost £3.50.
They're now in the freezer with an extra portion of gravy.

I do rather feel I have got a bit of motivation back at the moment which is nice.  Hope it stays around!

Yesterday's meals:

I didn't take a photo of breakfast as I had it round at Beth's; it was an apple, two easy peelers and a Mullerlight

The other half of the Singapore noodles was just as delicious as the day before - more, perhaps, as the flavours had mellowed.  I will do this again.
I had a banana and some berries for afters.


In the afternoon a new 'toy' arrived (a Ninja - I am such a sucker for gadgets) so I had to make a few chips to test it.  SW free and I only used a very small potato so it wasn't too naughty!

Were they nice?  Is the Pope a Catholic? (as the saying goes)
The turkey and mushroom risotto was also absolutely gorgeous.  Because I added extra veg, there's enough left over to give me a lunch with salad so I guess that's what I will have,
Dessert was a kvarg.



This week's challenges:
no alcohol
thirteen different speed foods
two syns

All good!

Today's plans:

B:  Tracy Mouse's chocolate and blueberry muffins with extra fruit
Here's the link to Tracy's recipe.

I've just made them (to have later on) and they smell gorgeous.
SW:  one healthy extra B (for the hi fibre bran) and one syn (for one tsp cocoa powder).  I never syns a little bit of cooked fruit so I'm not starting now.

L:  turkey and mushroom risotto, salad, coleslaw; fruit
Leftovers from yesterday.
SW:  half a syn and half a healthy extra A for the risotto and one syn for the coleslaw

D:  pastrami burger with sticky pop onions, chips, salad; yogurt
Another from the new SW magazine, p. 52
The sticky onions look - er - intriguing.  Fingers crossed!
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn plus half a syn for dessert

Exercise:  personal training with Lindsey today

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
two healthy extra Bs (I'm swapping an A for a B today)
three and a half syns

From the freezer:
wholemeal roll
mince for the burger

No comments:

Post a Comment