Monday 12 February 2018

Monday, 12-02-18

Good morning. 
It's all change here for a few days as I spend some of my saved cash on a short break away.  My house sitter friend is settled comfortably in my home and I will be journeying up the north of Cambridge city for a few days in a Premier Inn (really pushing the boat out here) and visits, I hope, to Wimpole Hall and Anglesea Abbey.

I know people knock Premier Inns but I find them warm and comfortable and are, if  chosen carefully, not as atrociously expensive as many other places.  I've booked my breakfasts there which I'm hoping will keep me going through the day before deciding what/where to eat come the evening.

So the old daily plans are not going to be around for a few days but here's today's.
B:  porridge, stewed apple from last night and natural yogurt.
L:  probably soup and an apple
D:  who knows?

Nothing from the freezer and frugality won't really apply for a while.  However, I have my sum of money that should give me a pleasant time and it's all been saved in advance so what I don't spend will go back into the general funds for the future.

And when I get home, I should know when my operation is scheduled and will be looking to start the 'liver shrinking' diet for three weeks beforehand which will Good luck to  me another little challenge.

Good luck to my bloggy friends who are starting their WW2 rationing challenge this week.  I'm really looking forward to reading how it all goes and picking up some interesting and frugal recipes along the way.

4 comments:

  1. I stayed in a great many Premier Inns during my working life (still working part time but in a much less pressured job with no travel) and rarely, if ever, had any complaint. They were always clean, comfortable, well maintained and served the purpose very well. The staff were invariably efficient and polite. The generous and varied breakfasts are a treat! Do enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eloise, it's certainly going well so far.
      J x

      Delete
  2. We really like Premier Inns, you know exactly what to expect each time and it is good value for money.

    We usually have a good breakfast, I have copiuous cups of coffee and then we take a Pan au Chocolat and an apple for a snack lunch later. They don't mind at all if you've not gone mad with your breakfast like some folk do.

    ReplyDelete