Tuesday 8 May 2018

Tuesday, 08-05-18

Good morning!

Yesterday was a challenge!  It was busy and active what with swimming, ironing and then some energetic allotment work in the afternoon and when I got home after allotment (confession time) I remembered some leftover  biscuits that I had bought for when my friends came over last week (YS because of a battered packet - I wasn't that unthrifty really).  Somehow, I had eaten four - FOUR, eeeeek - before coming to my senses and committing the cardinal sin of throwing the rest in the bin and covering them with rubbish so I couldn't fish them out again.  The semi-sweet side is that there have been no repercussions from my innards, the flip is that I now have to start exercising some good, old fashioned self-control again.  Wish me luck.

I don't think (I hope, anyway) it caused too much damage really, given that the 'real' food was pretty good and I did two lots of exercise, but I will have to beware as the swimming is ongoing and it's now very much allotment season!

Today's food plans:
B:  muesli with pineapple and yogurt
L:  more tomato and lentil soup
D:  Mediterranean stuffed peppers (a BBC Good Food recipe - I will let you know), salad, fruit salad
Ss:  fruit x 3 (swimming day)

From the freezer
Just the soup today plus a few frozen chopped peppers for the pepper stuffing

The frugal factor
The muesli is a rapidly diminishing resource now.  I wonder if it would be cheaper to make my own - must investigate.
The pineapple is savers tinned
The soup is home made from garden grown tomatoes
The peppers are wonky ones, couscous isn't expensive and the rest of the ingredients I already have or am adapting to match what I already have (e.g. walnuts instead of pine nuts, green olives instead of black ones)

It's quite a busy day so I'm hoping there won't be too much time to think of eating any extras!

No comments:

Post a Comment