Monday 21 May 2018

Monday, 21-05-18

Good morning!

We're into the last third of the month.  Time is flying!
After a disastrous Saturday, yesterday went much better as far as food is concerned and I managed an hour's fairly vigorous (for me anyway) swimming followed by a couple of hours of allotment work so I think I have more or less made amends for Saturday.

Today's plans:
B:  muesli (30g) with fruit ( a few blueberries and a few raspberries) and yogurt (2 tbsp)
L:  one poached egg on a toasted crumpet
D:  beef pancake cannelloni (a sort of bolognaise-y mince thing and the pancakes are quite small), side salad (just lettuce and tomato as I'm getting short of salad veg), potato salad (two new potatoes left over from yesterday with a bit of mayo and chives from the garden); fruit yogurt
Ss:  piece of fruit x 2
No swimming today, there isn't really time, but I hope to get some more forking and weeding done down the allotment.

From the freezer:
The crumpet, the bolognaise mix, the pancakes (2) and some grated cheese.
A good day today but I just hope I can find the crumpet without getting frostbitten!

The frugal factor
The muesli isn't cheap but not outrageously expensive as it's home made, as is the yogurt.
The mince is leftovers from a family meal.
The pancakes are also home made.
Home made-mostly-anything is going to be cheaper than its bought equivalent and portions are small and measured out so today's meals are comparatively frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment