Saturday 8 May 2021

Saturday, 08-05-21

 Good morning!

I had an odd experience yesterday.  Not bad, just - odd.  I got an email from H  F telling me that there had been problems and my delivery was cancelled so I would be receiving a full refund and an extra fiver for inconvenience.  Fully, thought I, I've just heard from the delivery company that they are nearly here.
Sure enough, two minutes later came a knock at the door and it was the H F box.

Will I also get a full refund plus a fiver.  I'll let you know but I hope not, that would complicate things.

Then, upon opening, two of the bags (yes, the ingredients were bagged up into recipes this time) were for four, not two.  I have no objection to double chicken, two peppers, two butternut squashes, etc, but I do hope someone who wanted ingredients for four hasn't ended up with ingredients for two.  

The chicken for the crispy skin chicken was skinless.  Ooops.  It doesn't bother me as I was going to remove the skin anyway and adapt the recipe.  You can take the girl temporarily out of slimming world but you can't take . . . etc.

And finally - no recipe cards.  I've printed them off from the web site.

Oh, final final - it's a nightmare to get in touch with them.  I gave up and will go through Facebook instead, if I want to.

So - not entirely without issue this time, none of them particularly problematic for me but I do hope I don't get a refund.  That would be a nuisance.  From what I've seen, this sort of things seems par for the H F course.  Has it put me off - no, not really and it's not something I want to do regularly anyway.

What I had yesterday:

Breakfast was fruit and yogurt and very nice it was too.

Lunch - delicious.  I didn't have the planned apple at all and I wasn't hungry until dinner time.
Dinner was the lasagne, not from Count on Us as I had thought but from Weight Watchers by Heinz*.  It was surprisingly tasty but I want to have a go bat making my own - I just have to work out a cheese sauce.
I didn't want the planned yogurt or was it kvarg?

*The syn value wasn't on the SW site, surprise, but elsewhere it said five and a half syns so fine.


Today's plans:

B:  bacon, sausage and tomato wrap, mushrooms on the side
. . . using lo dough.   Cut all the fat off the bacon and cook.  Take the skin off the sausage, break into small 'meatballs' and fry, soften the cut tomatoes, spread the sauce over the lo dough, spread the bacon, sausage and tomatoes over half, fold the other half over quesadilla style and warm on both sides in the same pan
SW:  two syns for lo dough and one syn for some brown or bbq sauce.

L:  tomato and red pepper soup, garlic and herb croutons; fruit
The soup is from the freezer and the croutons will be made like the ciabatta croutons last week - a wholemeal roll torn up, sprayed with oil, garlic granules and thyme sprinkled over and in the oven for ten minutes till crunchy.
SW:  the soup is speed/free, one healthy extra B for the bread, one healthy extra A for some grated cheese to sprinkle over the soup too.

D:  speedy chicken noodles with green beans and peppers; yogurt
The first of the new Hello Fresh box.  The only items that are not SW friendly are some honey and some salted peanuts and, having weighed them out, I can work out the syns.
I'll make both portions and have the other half tomorrow.  As it was one of the four portion meal, the rest can do for other meals as the chicken is already frozen.
SW: the honey is two and a half syns, three syns for salted peanuts (and I must be careful with what's left as peanuts are very high) and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  No idea yet.  :-)  It's raining so will be inside anyway.

Summary:
one healthy extra A 
one healthy extra B
nine syns



4 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you had problems with HF yesterday as I didn't receive my order at all. I've explained it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Eileen, that's awful. I'm so sorry. I'll pop over and read it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I had problems with my second HF box so cancelled. It's such a pity as they are losing customers left right and centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - it's is a shame because the meals are good but if the service is bad, people are not going to want to know.
      xx

      Delete