Tuesday 25 May 2021

Tuesday, 25-05-21

Good morning!
Thankfully, yesterday was back on track.  I'm very relieved.  I loved everything I ate and didn't crave any rubbish whatsoever.  Phew. 

I was going to monitor calorie intake for a while, just as a belt and braces thing, but I kept forgetting yesterday.   It's very restricting to have to measure/weigh everything, especially things like onion, veg, etc.  Sorry - I will try harder!

What I ate yesterday:

A nice, colourful breakfast that kept me going until lunch time.  It might not be usual to have soup for breakfast but - why not?

Dinner - lamb rogan josh with konjac rice and broccoli - went down a treat with just enough room left for an apple.

I know the curry was 229 calories because I had worked it out previously, the konjac rice was 15 calories and I have no idea of the broccoli or the apple (because I forgot).
And the burger was amazing.  Really delicious.  It looked good too - well, I thought it did, anyway.

I mixed the 12% mince with half an onion softened in the microwave, a few breadcrumbs from the freezer (let's call it one syn's worth) and half a beaten egg plus garlic granules, chilli flakes, salt and pepper.  
Here's a close up.  

Today's plans:

B:  bacon and sausage egg wrap, tomatoes, mushrooms
I quite like the egg wraps - they work for breakfast better than for lunch.  I'll use up the leftover half egg from yesterday dinner plus one more.  I came home with half a dozen extra large, extra fresh eggs so one and a half will be plenty.
It's just like making an omelette but a very thin one, more like a crepe in thickness.  It tears easily so be careful as you turn it; make sure it really has set all through.  I suppose, in a way, it's not necessary to turn it but I always do.
Then just spread over some bbq sauce, add the cooked bacon and sausage (or whatever) and fold it all up.
SW:  one syn for two skinny sausages and half a syn for a tbsp bbq sauce

L:  Swedish meatballs, konjac rice, broccoli; fruit
I have one more portion of the Swedish meatballs in the freezer, the rice is the second half of the pouch I opened yesterday and, yes, I have a lot of broccoli, but I love it
SW:  One and a half syns for the meatballs and one syn for the rice.

D:  burger in a bowl, chips; yogurt and fruit
This is a SW recipe from their site.  It's not really a burger, it's just mince, but it's nice.  The chips will be SW friendly and actifried.
You just fry the beef in spray oil;, mix up the sauce, make the salad, spoon the mince over the salad and top it with the sauce.
I don't have all the ingredients needed for the sauce (no fromage frais) so I will spend a few syns on making a really delicious sauce I learnt about when I was using some 'Do the Impossible' meals.  It is just equal amounts of mustard ketchup (which I bought after having that meal as the sauce was so good), mayo and tomato puree, slackened down slightly with water as required (although I am just wondering if balsamic vinegar might do the trick for better flavour).
I'll probably add some small chopped mushroom and ted pepper to the mince as well.
SW:  two syns for the 12% mince, four syns for the sauce (expensive but a price worth paying) and half a syn for the dessert.

Body Magic:  back to the allotment, weather permitting

Summary:  
no healthy extras today.  Hmmm - never mind.
ten and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. You got me when I saw that burger. My mouth watered and the very thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice. It was definitely a good move to use 12% mince and pay the syns.
      xx

      Delete