Wednesday 12 May 2021

Wednesday, 12-05-21

 Good morning, everyone.

When I did my early morning shop yesterday, I particularly looked out for that ketjap manis sauce in M&S and there it was, next to the soy sauce, less than half the price I'd have had to pay on Amazon.  So I got two bottles (they're not huge) and, having looked it up, will be paying one and a half syns per level tbsp.  I doubt I'll usually need that much; it's quite strong and intense.

What I ate yesterday:

A most satisfying breakfast.  Sometimes I fancy something less 'heavy' like yogurt and fruit and sometimes only bacon, etc, will to.  Yesterday it was the latter - two medallions, one skinny sausage, skin off and reshaped into a patty and a (spray) fried egg all in a toasted muffin with bbq sauce top and bottom.  Plus the obligatory tomatoes and mushrooms, of course.
I added a syn to the total because it wasn't an Aldi skinny sausage, it was a posher, 'low fat' kind instead.

This was lunch (plus an extra bowl of soup for Beth.  Yes, you've seen the photo before, I forgot to take one yesterday but it was exactly the same as Monday's lunch so I used that photo again.  The soup's all finished now and how we both enjoyed it!


Not a very good photo, sadly, but dinner was a good meal.  The sliced chicken is sitting on a bed of roasted butternut squash and onion with some oil and balsamic vinegar dressing and some crumbled feta. and has a bit more feta and dressing drizzled over.  It sounds simple and tasted wonderful.

Today's meal plans:

B:  boiled eggs and toasty marmite dippers; strawberries
Nice and simple, clean and tasty
SW:  one healthy extra B for the toast, two syns for two tsp of half fat butter

L:  chicken with roasted butternut squash, feta and rocket
This is the second portion of last night's meal.  I may have it cold but more than likely I will warm it up.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the feta and three syns for olive oil in the dressing.  The rest is speed/free/protein

D:  Singapore rice noodles with chicken and prawns, side salad; yogurt
I made the rice noodles last week, if you remember, and it made loads so I was able to freeze two portions.  I will warm up one of the portions and I have spicy chicken and prawns so will add them.  I'm also going to add some ketjap manis sauce - it might now be as much as a level tbsp, I will see.  I will have a small salad of mixed leaves on the side.
SW:  one syn for the rice noodles, up to one and a half syns for the sauce and half a syn for the dessert

Body Magic:  It is personal training today but, as I've got my second vaccine just after nine, I'll see how I feel.  Lindsey knows and will be fine if I need to cancel.  She's rather not have a poorly client over.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
eight syns


2 comments:

  1. That chicken and butternut squash sound divine...Have you ever grown them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have tried but they've never come to very much. Maybe the soil isn't right.
      It really was delicious and, basically, so simple.
      xx

      Delete