Wednesday 5 May 2021

Wednesday, 05-05-21

Good morning.

Despite all my good intentions, I have ordered another Hello Fresh box, due to arrive this Friday.  Bad me, eh?  That will be it then until June as any more won't fit in with what's in the diary.

The food has been so delicious and I've got lots of good ideas from the four meals I've had so far, I just though it was worth it to continue a bit more.  It's not cheap, very definitely un-frugal, so won't be a weekly thing.  It's easy to forget that one still has to find breakfast and lunch (or, in my case, use the second portion for a lunch) and I have the four day box (which is eight meals for me).

A few months ago I said that trying out some of these box meal companied was something I wanted to do and I've now made a start.  Later on, in a few months maybe, I will try Gousto and there's another I've seen called Mindful Chef - has anyone tried that?

What I ate yesterday.
(No photos, sorry)

Breakfast was fruit.  When I looked, I realised I had left my yogurts at home, annoyingly, so I had an apple, some pineapple and a satsuma.  Very nice.

Lunch was beans on toast.

Dinner was the last Hello Fresh meal, fillet steak with blue cheese sauce, rosemary fries and broccoli (subbed because we had green beans on Monday).  I have to say, it was beautiful.  Dad said the steak was arguably the nicest one he could remember having ever and the sauce was so simple but delish.  It was just creme fraiche, pepper and some blue cheese.  I warmed up the creme fraiche with some pepper added and then crumbled in the cheese, stirring it as it melted in.  That was it.  No salt because cheese is already salted.  I will definitely do that again, using half fat creme fraiche, perhaps half and half with quark.  The fries were the one slight let down - the potatoes were just 'whites' and they don't have the flavour or the 'chippiness' of Maris Piper or Kind Edwards.  They were nice but too soft.
I don't need a Hello Fresh box to reproduce this meal another time.
 

Today's plans:  back on Slimming World values now

B:  fruit platter
Probably the same as yesterday as that's what Dad has in.
Then, back home, I will have a yogurt before personal training for some energy.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt.  The fruit is speed and free

L:  egg on toast; apple
This should fill me up nicely after personal training.  Two slices of toast and two eggs with some tomatoes on the side, I think.
SW:  one healthy extra B and I think I will use a healthy extra A for some cheese spread instead of the light butter I usually have.  Eggs are protein and tomatoes are speed

D:  Swedish meatballs in sauce, orzo, side salad; kvarg
I have two more portions of the meatballs in the freezer so I'll have one of those with 50g (dry weight) of orzo (177 calories/free) and I'll mix up a side salad.
SW:  one and a half syns for the meatballs and sauce, half a syn for some spray salad dressing and half a syn for the kvarg

Body Magic:  an hour of personal training with Lindsey today

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

When the new box arrives, I'm going to try to value it out using SW.  It'll be interesting.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I do try to ring the changes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know discount codes for 60% off your first gousto are often on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's worth knowing. xx

      Delete