Sunday 23 May 2021

Sunday, 23-05-21

 Good morning, everyone.
I'm home, sitting in the usual place again, looking out on a fine morning and pondering on the name change.

I really like 'Deliciously maintaining on Slimming World' or 'Maintaining deliciously on . . . etc'.   I prefer the first - better rhythm - but does it sound as if I'm copying 'Deliciously Ella'? (which I'm not).
Is there a better word that 'delicious'?  Not 'tasty', that doesn't work at all.  
Help!!!  

Anyway - back to normality again.

What I ate yesterday.

Breakfast was a bacon roll but, as everything was packed away, no photo.

Not the healthiest of lunches but I had this in the cupboard, it's been there for ages and getting short dated so I had it.  It's just a reconstitute with water thing, the great, great, great [several more times] grandchild of those Vesta curries of the sixties.
I wasn't sure what to expect but, surprisingly, it was quite tasty.  If I have it again, I'd add some cooked veg and shreds of chicken to the mix.
Nearly 300 calories but just two syns.
There is some veg on the plate - mushrooms on the steak.
This was the steak I got in Southwold and, I have to say, it was very, very good.  The chips?  Disappointing.  Morrisons didn't have any Maris Pipers (how can you not have Maris Pipers?) so I bought a 'baking' potato and it was as I feared - lacking in both taste and texture and it didn't crunch at all.
Oh, well - some you lose.


Today's plans:
So . . . now I'm proper back on the SW wagon and I'm also checking calories, just to be sure.  For all my good intentions, this last week has been most enjoyable but neither healthy nor SW friendly and I need to reverse some of the damage.  I don't have a calorie target, I will do SW and just see where it takes me.
I'll work out the calories during the day (when possible) as I actually prep the food.

B:  bacon, egg and tomato
I forgot to get mushrooms yesterday, darn it, so I'll have to do without.  Not to worry.
SW:  speed, free and protein

L:  tomato and red pepper soup, croutons; apple
This is from the freezer so I can't work out calories.  However, it's not going to be very many, probably under 100.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the croutons, the rest is speed and free

D:  lamb rogan josh, konjak rice, broccoli; yogurt
Last week ended up very carb heavy so I'm going to watch that for the few weeks.  The rice is what I used to call 'protein rice' but I think konjak rice is a better description.  On SW you have to syn it but it's very little.
The lamb is, again, from the freezer and I did note the calories on the lid - 229.
SW:  one syn for the rice and half for dessert

If I get peckish, and I might very well given last week, I have strawberries, blueberries, apples and oranges to munch on.

Body Magic:  A walk to Morrisons to get some mushrooms and, fingers crossed, some Maris Pipers.  Then I'm down the allotment this afternoon.

Summary:
no healthy extra As - but I haven't gone short on cheese this last week
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better name for your blog. I prefer Deliciously Maintaining ... rather than Maintaining Deliciously ... as you say, the rhythm is better. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rhythm is important, I think. It has to flow well.
      Thanks, Eileen, I appreciate your input.
      xx

      Delete