Thursday 27 May 2021

Thursday, 27-05-21

 Good morning.

What I are yesterday:

It looks odd, I know, but this semi frozen smoothie was lovely.  I'd have added fresh strawberries, had I any, but I didn't so made do with blueberries instead.  It was just some frozen fruit (a mixture) plus 250 mls of milk for an A choice and some coconut skinny syrup, all zizzed together.  Dead easy, much more sustaining than it looks and I will certainly do it again.
These are the cheesy tuna melts on a piece of lo dough and it was very, very tasty.  As mentioned, I cut the chilli out and the paprika too, because I'd just had dental surgery, but I enjoyed it very much indeed.
Yet another idea that lends itself to plenty of variation.

I then had a yogurt
A nice, conventional dinner but all soft as the dentist dictated.  I did this in my steamer pan - the potatoes and the peas in the water and the salmon, wrapped in foil, in one of the trays.
I spent a syn on some mayo to have with it.

No room for dessert!

Today's plans:

B:  sausage, egg and beans
The sausages will be Aldi skinny sausages and I might spray fry, scramble or poach the egg, I'll see how I feel when the time comes.
SW:  one syn for the sausages and the rest is free.

L:  jacket potato and cheese, probably the rest of the baked beans
It will just be a small jacket potato so 30g cheese will be enough.  I also rather love salad cream with a jacket potato!
SW:  the cheese with be a healthy extra A and two tbsp salad cream is three syns (I may not have that much)

D:  chicken casserole, rice, broccoli; yogurt maybe
This is a bog standard, tomato based chicken casserole of the kind Mum used to make and which my two enjoyed so much as children.  I'm using the chopped chicken from Hello Fresh, when they sent me a four portion meal instead of a two, do you remember?
All I do is spray fry bacon, onion, red pepper and mushroom, add the chicken and brown it off, then add a can of chopped tomatoes, seasonings to taste, some chicken stock powder and some tomato puree, cover it all and allow it to simmer until the sauce has thickened and everything is soft (take the lid off, if necessary).  Sometimes I add some peas of corn (or both) for the last ten minutes or so - you can add what you like really.

I made it yesterday and it tastes great.
SW:  the casserole is free, I'm heating up a pouch of fancy rice so two and a half syns per portion and the dessert is half a syn

Body magic:  More mowing down at the allotment.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
No B
seven syns

2 comments:

  1. That chicken casserole sounds blimmin tasty. I'm marking it for our 'carb days'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice and so very simple too. I wouldn't have said it was high in carbs - or is that the chopped tomatoes?
      xx

      Delete