Tuesday 18 May 2021

Tuesday, May 18th

 Good morning, everyone.
I've been pondering a name change for this blog.  After all, it is hardly a frugal focused blog any more, not the way it has developed recently, what with Hello Fresh and steak meals! 
It's still going to be mainly about making the best of what I have in, but not totally, and the overarching theme will be about keeping this weight off and maintaining, using the SW plan at heart because it's healthy, it's varied, it gives me scope and it works.
I know some find it restrictive and I suppose it does restrict high fat/sugar stuff and loads of takeaways, etc, but, for me, that's just what I want and need.  An awful lot of vloggers have abandoned SW for calorie counting but I notice that for many of them their daily intake is becoming increasingly unhealthy.  Yes, they are losing weight (and well done to them) but not in what I think of as a healthy way.
A shame, but each to their own, I guess.

If I change it, I will call it 'Deliciously Maintaining on Slimming World' or something like that.

Yesterday's meals:

I didn't get a snap of breakfast but will just say that the bacon was absolutely divine.  Real, proper bacon with no nasty white bits coming out.  I may even stock up before I go home.

Lunch, all wrapped up and ready to go into my backpack.  Simple food tastes wonderful in the open air.
Dinner was a sort of Chinese curry using the Mayflower curry sauce.  I fried off some onion, red pepper, mushroom and baby corn, added the chicken chunks plus some chilli flakes and garlic granules, made up the sauce and added that and then finished it off with some fresh pineapple and some rice.  It was lovely and I'm afraid the seconds I would normally keep for the next day sort of vanished.  

I finished off with a kvarg and later on had an options choccy drink.  Lovely.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit platter and some yogurt
I still have some nice fruit to use up - pineapple, strawberries and blueberries as well as the usual.  Maybe I will have it as a fruit salad, I'll see how I feel.
SW:  speed and free and the yogurt will be natural and flavoured with strawberry skinny syrup - I brought one bottle with me!

L:  cheese and bacon butty, side salad; apple
I'm staying around Southwold today so I can eat at the studio.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a roll, one A for 30g cheese, half a syn for a tbsp bbq sauce

D:  jacked potato topped with chicken in a white sauce, broccoli; yogurt
In the afternoon, I am booked for a tour of the Adnams distillery (I did the brewery last time I was here) which finished with a gin tasting session!!  I expect I will be a little the worse for wear so need a meal that is very simple to prep.   I can get the potato ready to throw in the oven, jazz up the chicken and sauce (all out of a tin) with peppers, mushrooms and baby corn and have it ready in a pan to warm up.  Easy peasy.
SW:  the chicken is one syn the lot and the rest is free, speed and protein except for the dessert which is half a syn

Body Magic:  lots of walking again.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns - plus whatever gin and tonic I manage to polish off in the afternoon

I can stick to restricted eating today too, which is nice.



2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post Joy. Yours is one of the first blogs I read every day. All that gorgeous fruit looks delicious but sadly not allowed on Keto. I will have some for a treat now and then though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never commented before but, also, you are once of the blogs I look for in Feedly every day.

    Love your menus as they inspire me but as I’m a vegan doing Slimming World I take your ideas and change them to suit me. Your photos are so helpful too.

    Keep up the good work, and enjoy your break. And Thank You for taking the time and effort to write your blog.

    ReplyDelete