Wednesday 26 May 2021

Wednesday, 26-05-21

 Good morning.
Yesterday was very easy eating indeed.  All delicious, all satisfying, all on plan.  Long may it continue.

What I had yesterday:

 Colourful and flavoursome.  I do like a 'bright' meal.



Not nearly so colourful but still delicious.  I had some strawberries afterwards.  Very nice.

The Swedish meatball recipe is in the May/June edition of the SW magazine.

Dinner was an adapted version of the SW burger in a bowl recipe.  I added chopped mushroom and red pepper to the mince, red pepper to the salad and used my own sauce - a tbsp each of sweet mustard ketchup, mayo and tomato puree, slackened with a little water (four syns).
The day's eating finished off with a kvarg.

Today's plans:
I'm going to have to be sensible today as I have some dental surgery first thing and I know I will have to be extremely careful afterwards.

B:  a thick smoothie
I saw this on one of the vlogs I follow, A Taste of Jess.  Basically she blended frozen fruit with milk and some xanthan gum and it came out all thick.  Anyway, I am giving it a go and I'll probably add some skinny syrup for extra flavour.
SW:  up to 250 mls semi skimmed milk for one healthy extra A, the fruit is speed and free and the xanthan gum is free while the yogurt is half a syn.

L:  cheesy tuna melt; yogurt
I found this on the SW site.  Basically, it's a tuna and cheese topper on toast but I'm swapping the toast for a piece of lo dough as that stays soft.   You mix tuna, egg yolk, onion, mayo, cherry tomatoes and jalapeno peppers in a bowl and mix well, pile in to the lo dough, add grated cheese and pop under the grill until the cheese is melting.
I'm not sure the jalapeno is such a good idea and may sub some roasted red pepper instead.  You are supposed to have a salad with it but we'll see.
And yogurt rather than an apple seems sensible too.
SW:  the cheese is my other healthy extra A and the lo dough is two syns, the mayo should be half a syn as is the yogurt

D:  steamed salmon, Jersey royals and peas; yogurt
Self explanatory really and all nice and soft so minimal chewing involved.
SW:  All free except for half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  depending on how it all goes and how I feel, I might pop down to the allotment later on.  Lindsey said not to do personal training as she's sure the dentist would say no.  She's the expert!

Summary:
two healthy extra As
no Bs
four syns



2 comments:

  1. Well done on a successful day yesterday. I sincerely hope your dental work isn't too painful or stressful and you can eat today! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I hope you continue to feel better through the day too.

      Day at a time, that seems to work for me at the moment. xx

      Delete