Tuesday 11 May 2021

Tuesday, 11-05-21

Good morning!

What I ate yesterday:

I changed the breakfast plans.  By the time I was ready to start breakfast, I really wasn't hungry so I grabbed an apple because it's not good to gym and swim on an empty tum.

The tomato and roasted butternut squash soup I made for lunch was absolutely gorgeous - it wasn't just me that thought so, Beth said so as well.  I'm so glad there's enough for us both to have another portion tomorrow.
Apologies for the less than well arranged photo.  It was snap and scoff!!

And this was dinner - the veggie tostadas - and all I can say is roll on the next time!  Utterly yummy and I have two tacos and some of the beany stuff and the roasted peppers to finish off in some way in the next few days.  Definitely enough for three portions apart from the lime crema.

So I reckon that, in the end, they syns were under the limit rather than over.

No room for yogurt afterwards.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, sausage and egg muffin, tomatoes and mushrooms on the side
Just what it says.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the muffin, half a syn for the sausage and one syn for two tbsp Crucials bbq sauce

L:  tomato and roasted butternut squash soup, grated cheese, home made croutons; fruit
The soup is leftovers from yesterday so should taste fab.
SW:  the soup is speed and free, one healthy extra A for the cheese and three syns for home made croutons

D:  crispy skinned chicken with butternut squash, feta and rocket; yogurt
The last of the meals from the current Hello Fresh box, this isn't going to be 'crispy skinned' because a) the chicken they sent was skinless and b) I'd have taken the skin off anyway!
It sounds delicious, all the same.  You roast the diced squash, season and fry the chicken until coloured all over, add the wedged onion to the squash and pop the half cooked chicken on top and finish cooking the lot.  Make a dressing with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil, toss some rocket and the roasted things in the dressing, add some crumbled feta, thinly slice the chicken and serve.
This will serve me today and for lunch tomorrow as well.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the feta, three syns for half tbsp. olive oil, half a syn for the yogurt.  All the rest is speed or free
423 calories says the recipe card but it will be less because of no chicken skin

Body Magic:  I did have a swim booked but, after popping to the allotment yesterday, I was shocked by how much needs doing there so I will spend the morning mowing, strimming and weeding, assuming the weather forecast is correct.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns - makes up for yesterday's shockingly high syns total!


6 comments:

  1. Great food as always Joy. I'm hooked on a YouTube channel TracyMouse slimming world. She has lost 10 stone. Like you she is so good st meal prep and making her food (and self) look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Tracy Mouse. She's my sort of girl - down to earth and practical and loves her food. I never miss her vlogs and love her recipes.
      (I think it's eight stone but whichever, it's a mega amount and she's done brilliantly)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yes it is 8 stone. She is so happy with herself and says she has always been. But realised she was missing out on somethings

      Delete
    3. Yes - she has a great story to share.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Um yum. Your meals this past few days have sounded scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. Hello Fresh has certainly given me some good ideas. xx

      Delete