Saturday 25 November 2017

Saturday, 25-11-17

Morning, all.

My plans for today are
B:  porridge with fruit and honey
S:  fruit
L:  toast with either marmalade or marmite
S:  raw nuts
D:  cottage pie, carrots; then stewed apple and custard

From the freezer
bread for toast
mince and assorted veg for the cottage pie
cheese for the potato mash topping (not for me though, sadly)


The frugal fractor
breakfast and lunch are both frugal options, all home made as well (apart from the marmite and honey!)
when I cook the mince, I always add red lentils, oats and plenty of veg; not only do they bulk it out and make it go a lot further, they also add great flavour and thicken the sauce

Thursday was more frugal than expected as my gallbladder was playing up and I ended up only having one meal, half of the fish pie.  However, I have discovered that missing meals is not a good idea in my situation so yesterday I made myself eat small and regular meals despite feeling less than great and I feel so much better again this morning.  Phew.
So now I have half a fish pie and two portions of ham and yellow split pea soup in the freezer which will make life easy next week.



I have an overloaded freezer and have challenged myself to take out much more than I put in!
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
However, I have recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but need to go very low fat.  
Is it possible?  No idea, but I'm giving it a good go and sharing the 'journey' in here.  Thanks for reading and any comments you would like to make are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment