Tuesday 21 November 2017

Tuesday, 21-11-17

Over the last week, I've been trawling the internet for low/no fat recipes and have found some treasures.  One of the is the oddly named 'Pinch of Nom' which I found after a friend joined me to the facebook group of the same name.  Today's breakfast comes from there and dinner from a Slimming World blog (so I have linked them) and it is all as low fat as I can make it after yesterday - maybe, in retrospect, having a roastie yesterday was not a very good idea!

Today's plans
B:  orange marmalade baked oats
S:  banana
L:  beans on toast
S:  grapes
D:  lemon garlic chicken rice traybake, followed by a yogurt


From the freezer
not a lot, just the bread for the toast


The frugal factor
home made marmalade
porridge = frugal as well as very healthy
savers baked beans and just a third of a can - I find that's plenty
home made bread
using chicken thighs instead of the chicken quarter of the recipe.  Cheaper - I checked.  Also more flavour!  Especially when on the bone!



I have an overloaded freezer and have challenged myself to take out much more than I put in!
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
However, I have recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but need to go very low fat.  
Is it possible?  No idea, but I'm giving it a good go and sharing the 'journey' in here.  Thanks for reading and any comments you would like to make are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment