Monday 20 November 2017

Monday, 20-11-17

Today's frugal, low-fat menu is . . .
B:  porridge with fruit salad left over from yesterday
S:  apple
L:  roast ham, roasties, parsnips, sprouts (my grandson is round mine before going back to uni!)
S:  persimmon
D:  beans on toast (no butter)

The freezer challenge:
runner beans
peas
bread for toast

The frugal factor
porridge!
savers beans and home made bread
sadly, there won't be any leftover ham as grandson will be taking it all back with him!  On the other hand, it is a smaller joint and was very good value.


I have an overloaded freezer and have challenged myself to take out much more than I put in!
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
However, I have recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but need to go very low fat.  
Is it possible?  No idea, but I'm giving it a good go and sharing the 'journey' in here.  Thanks for reading and any comments you would like to make are very welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment