Thursday 16 November 2017

Thursday, 16-11-17

Today's plans

B:  beans on toast
S:  fruit
L:  home made hummus, melba toast (maybe), carrot batons, salad
S:  small portion of raw nuts (give them a go and see if they cause any problems)
D:  smoked salmon pasta


From the freezer
bread for toast and melba toast
chick peas for hummus
smoked salmon
peas
broccoli


The frugal factor
the bread, as always, is home made
ditto the hummus
the chick peas for the hummus were bought dried, soaked, cooked and open frozen before bagging so they are loose and I can take out just as much as I need.
the nuts were a gift from my dad
the broccoli was on special at Aldi but I didn't need much of it so I cut up and froze the rest, including the stem.  I've noticed that the florets have more or less gone now so I will use the remains to make a nice soup another time.  Broccoli soup is wonderful!





I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge' which is to use up all the old stuff
I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  
Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress that I am sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment