Monday 13 November 2017

Monday 13-11-17

After a much more comfortable day yesterday, I shall try a few things today.

B:  poached egg on toast (does the egg cause any problems? I know the toast doesn't)
S:  pear
L:  leek and potato soup (made yesterday)
S:  apple
D:  fish pie.  I shall make it with white fish, peas, mixed peppers, mushroom and onion and I shall try a white sauce made with milk and a little bit of lower fat soft cheese as it doesn't seem to cause much problem in small amounts.  That will probably be enough as my appetite isn't getting any larger yet (cheers).

The freezer challenge
bread
fish
peas and mixed peppers
also I will be using the soup rather than freezing it

The frugal factor
home made bread is always cheap
ditto for my leek and potato soup
the fish is some cod that was on special so I bought some and froze it




I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge' which is to use up all the old stuff

I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues, high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  

Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress that I am sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment