Thursday 9 November 2017

The freezer challenge, day 56

After yesterday's chopping and changing, let's see if today can stay as planned.

B:  banana pancakes* with natural yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup (it was going to be toast and marmalade but I accidentally got out the pancakes instead of pikelets for dinner yesterday - oops)







And very nice too!






S:  fruit
L:  boiled egg and toasty soldiers (no butter), seeing as yesterday's poached egg was OK on the old gallbladder, watercress
S:  fruit
D:  poached smoked haddock, peas, mixed potato and sweet potato mash; stewed apple and either custard or natural yogurt

*I'll give these a go as I have a stack of them in the freezer.  It they cause discomfort, I'll ditch them.


From the freezer:
pancakes for breakfast
bread for lunch
haddock (I know it only went in yesterday so doesn't really count)
peas
mash

Into the freezer
chick peas

The Frugal Factor
the banana pancakes were made with YS bananas to replace the egg - ever so cheap
a boiled egg is always great value for what you get
the apple was a gift
smoked haddock isn't cheap but I portioned the fillet into three so it's less than it could be




I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge' which is to use up all the old stuff

I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues, high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  

Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress that I am sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment