Wednesday 8 November 2017

The freezer challenge, day 55

I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge',.
I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues, cholesterol and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress.

Yesterday's food went well.  No extreme reaction, just some slight aches/twinges.  If that's the worst, I can cope.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with sultanas and maple syrup
S:  apple
L:  poached egg on either a pikelet or a slice of toast
S:  fruit
D:  I have some haricot beans and some baked beans left and am just wondering whether my system could cope with a curry.  Nothing too heavy or hot, just a bit of mayflower sauce in a tomato base, with rice, of course.  I wonder . . .   Then some yogurt for afters

From the freezer:
pikelet or toast
haricot beans
bits of veg for the curry

Into the freezer
yesterday I made potato and sweet potato mash and the rest is in the freezer - two portions!  Can't throw it away, after all.

The Frugal Factor
porridge - always frugal!
pikelet or bread - both home made.  
using up the beans that I defrosted yesterday together with the baked beans as the main protein for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment