Tuesday 7 November 2017

Recipe: tomato sauce three ways

I made a tomato sauce the usual way.  onion, pepper, peas, courgette, baby corn - I just grabbed bits and bobs out of bags in the freezer - plus some passata (from garden tomatoes but it's not dear from somewhere like Aldi) and some herbs with bit of salt and pepper and a squirt of tomato puree.

I scooped half of it off, covered it and popped it in the fridge and added some cooked chicken and cooked penne to the rest.  Very nice.  No photo, sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I added a bit more passata and some cooked haricot beans with a pinch of sugar.  Beany veg soup - very warming and filling.
I only wanted half.  I'm not managing very large portions at the moment and, to be honest, I'd like to encourage that.

That's a big soup bowl - it's about a tea cup's worth but very thick and tasty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other half I simply reheated, added some fish cut into chunks and more or less allowed the fish to cook before popping the lot in my lovely new, coppery dish and piping on some potato and sweet potato mash I made earlier.  It was in the oven for about 25 mins.

Before baking:


And before eating:

No comments:

Post a Comment