Monday 6 November 2017

The freezer challenge, day 53

I have an overloaded freezer, a tendency to frugality and gall stones, cholesterol and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few stones to lose.

Here we go:
B:  porridge with maple syrup, apple
L:  carrot and lentil soup, brioche bun, orange
D:  chicken and tomato pasta (recipe to follow, assuming it is good), stewed apple and natural yogurt

From the freezer
the brioche bun
very lean chicken fillets
tomato passata
mixed peppers
and
every time I go out to look, I will search for something I absolutely can't have any more fpr the sake of my health and DEAL WITH IT! (this really is NOT frugal, just sensible)

Into the freezer
sliced bread from the wholemeal/granary loaf I intend to make today

The frugal factor
porridge is the cheapest breakfast ever
the soup will be home made
the brioche bun is home made
ditto for the pasta
the apple was a gift from a friend
the natural yogurt won't be home made, but the next batch will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment