Wednesday 15 November 2017

Wednesday, 15-11-17

Yesterday was the first day I felt my appetite was properly back.  I finished off the soup and thoroughly enjoyed dinner.  And no pain!  Not even discomfort from the gall bladder although things were a bit Purple Ronnie all morning!
Dinner was so nice that I have blogged the recipe in a separate post.


Here are today's plans:
B:  porridge with apple and yogurt
S:  melon
L:  beans on toast (no butter)
S:  orange or banana
D:  I'm going to try a lasagne with some zizzed cottage cheese and quark on top rather than a fat laden cheese sauce.  It might work, it might not, but I shall give it a go and see.


The freezer challenge:
bread for toast
cooked mince for dinner and I will probably add some chick peas to the mixture


The frugal factor
porridge - say no more
the apple is one that's a bit old and wizened and I wouldn't want to eat it raw but it should be fine cooked in porridge, much better than chucking it away
the beans are Savers, 1/3 of a can (so just 9p) and the bread is home made.  A lunch for 11p-ish has got to be good!



I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge' which is to use up all the old stuff
I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  
Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress that I am sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment