Tuesday 28 November 2017

Tuesday, 28-11-17

After a good food day yesterday, here's today's plans.

B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt
S:  apple
L:  ham and split pea soup
S:  melon
D:  mixed bean and veg potato topped pie, sprouts, carrots


From the freezer:
chickpeas, butter beans and kidney beans plus mixed peppers, all for dinner
the soup was in the freezer yesterday and was enough for two portions
passata (for the bean and veg mix)


The frugal factor
breakfast and lunch are both very frugal meals
the mixed beans were all bought dried, soaked and cooked before freezing - so much more frugal than buying them in cans
the passata was made from garden produce





I have an overloaded freezer and have challenged myself to take out much more than I put in!
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
However, I have recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but need to go very low fat.  
Is it possible?  No idea, but I'm giving it a good go and sharing the 'journey' in here.  Thanks for reading and any comments you would like to make are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment