Wednesday 22 November 2017

Wednesday, 22-11-17

Yesterday's new recipes were very successful and I will definitely do both again.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with cinnamon and grated apple
S:  fruit
L:  lentil and ham soup
S:  fruit
D:  crustless quiche, salad, home made oven chips, yogurt


From the freezer
Nothing today which is Not Good
I need to get my act together with regard to the freezer challenge, don't I?


The frugal factor
Porridge - cheapo!  And the apple was a gift
The stock for the soup is the water that I boiled the ham in on Monday, which often gets thrown away
I have bits of onion, baby corn, pepper and mushroom that need using up so will add them to the quiche
I'll also be using some cottage cheese that needs using fairly soon in the quiche
The oven chips are very simple and frugal (and very low fat)




I have an overloaded freezer and have challenged myself to take out much more than I put in!
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
However, I have recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but need to go very low fat.  
Is it possible?  No idea, but I'm giving it a good go and sharing the 'journey' in here.  Thanks for reading and any comments you would like to make are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment