Saturday 11 November 2017

Saturday 11-11-17

Another not very well day yesterday so I didn't eat very much.  I managed a small dinner though and it was nice so I will share it in a separate post.

Today's plans (with crossed fingers):
B:  porridge with sultanas
S:  apple
L:  either beans on toast or home made tomato soup, depending on how I feel
S:  banana
D:  cottage pie, runner beans; maybe some natural yogurt


From the freezer:
passata if I made the soup, bread if I make the beans on toast
mince for cottage pie
potato and sweet potato topping for ditto pie
runner beans


The frugal factor:
porridge is cheap and the sultanas are savers ones
the passata and runners are from the garden
the mince is laden with vegetables, lentils and oats, not just to bulk it out but because they all give a jolly good flavour.

And it all looks pretty low fat so fingers crossed!





I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge' which is to use up all the old stuff

I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues, high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  

Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress that I am sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment