Wednesday 29 November 2017

Thursday, 30-11-17

It's the last day of a most peculiar month, health wise, but the eating is well under control now and the finances look good, thanks to continued frugality which is really just a way of saying making the best of what I have.
I started the month feeling so poorly and I finish it feeling so much better there's no comparison.  Happy times.

After yesterday's blowout (which was delicious), here's today's back-to-normal plans:

B:  baked orange marmalade oats
S:  blueberries
L:  toast, soft cheese and marmite
S:  apple or orange
D:  chicken and veg pasta bake without the pasta.  I know that sounds odd but I have some beany veg mixture left over from Tuesday when my daughter couldn't come over for dinner, so I will cook some chicken and some bacon bits (with all the fat cut off) and add it to the beany veg stuff.  I know from experience that I need nothing else with it.


From the freezer:
bread for toast
chicken and bacon - the chicken was some I got from the market on special and I cut it unto chunks and froze it in single portions while the bacon was from a pack of cooking bacon, also frozen in single portions


The frugal factor
Even with the added egg, baked oats is great value and very filling
the toast is home made and I have soft cheese (low fat, of course) that I have to use up as I really don't wish to throw it away
dinner is made with leftovers and meat on special - a full tum for under 50p



I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment