Friday 10 May 2024

Friday evening, 10-05-24

Good evening, everyone.  

I had to go shopping today, despite not planning to go until next week.  It was pretty much all fresh stuff - fruit, veg and milk.  It's almost scary how much f&v I manage to get through in a week.
Worth it though.  While I did gain a fair amount during my two holidays, I have lost three pounds of that as of this morning so that is encouraging in the extreme.
What I have eaten today:

A delicious breakfast of toast spread with guacamole and avocado topping sprinkled over before topping with a poached egg.
I had planned to have mushrooms but fancied some mixed leaves and tomatoes - so that is what I had!

Half a healthy extra B and one and a half syns.


I made this hummus by blending some roasted red pepper (from a jar) with some chickpeas (also from a jar), drained but adding a little of the aquafaba, garlic, peanut butter powder (as a sub for tahini which I'm not that fond of), salt, pepper and cumin.  I think that was it.  The whole lot was three syns for the peanut butter powder.
It made a lot so I have frozen some.  It will be nice with pasta or on chicken or pork, I think.

One syn for the powder (less, really, but let's be sensible) and four syns for two slices of multi seed Ryvita Thins.

I had an apple and an easy peeler later.

It must have been the day for picking roasted red pepper based recipes to make.  I found a recipe that required roasted red pepper paste, which I don't have, so I looked it up and put together a recipe based on this one. . .
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/really-easy-roasted-red-pepper-sauce
. . . but using the rest of the jar of roasted red peppers in brine, no oil, no oven roasting, a pinch of red chilli flakes and making less than full amounts, all in Thermione and then pushed through a sieve after blending.  It's not quite a paste, more a very thick sauce, it's made plenty and tastes absolutely fantastic with just a little tongue tickle from the chilli.
I shall freeze what I don't need tonight in little pots.
As far as syns are concerned and the way I made it, the red pepper sauce had ground almonds and what I used was two and a half syns.  The coleslaw was half a syn (salad cream) and the broccoli, etc, salad - well, I'm saying three syns.  It's probably a bit less.
It was delicious and I am glad I have five more portions of the basic red pepper paste/sauce in the freezer.

Summary:
No healthy extra SAs (ooops)
half a healthy extra B - neither the almonds nor the Thins count as a B choice, sadly.
twelve and a half syns - but all on what you might call more healthy add-ons to enhance meals, not as snacky rubbish.  No worries.
Tomorrow's meal plans

B:  cooked breakfast

L:  Jackburger with trimmings, salad, chips; fruit

D:  cottage pie, veg; fruit

Exercise:  providing the back agrees, online SET class.

2 comments:

  1. Very well done on the 3lb loss! We get through loads of veg and fruit too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      So much better to scoff fruit and veg . . ever so good for your - and me. xx

      Delete