Thursday 30 May 2024

Thursday evening, 30-05-24

Good evening, everyone.  
Weigh day tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it.  It's not been a great week, what with sinus and migraine and eating whatever came to hand because I was feeling rough and wanted comfort.  SO let's face the music - and dance anyway!


What I have eaten today:
I had an apple and two easy peelers for breakfast - no photo.  Syn free

I'd planned a crustless quiche but I found I had some Jersey Royals that really did need using up so I cooked them and made a Spanish tortilla.  I slow softened the onions for flavour, in spray oil to start with and then I added half a tbsp butter - purely for the flavour - and I'm glad I did because it turned out delicious.  I had a third and the other two thirds are in the fridge for tomorrow and Saturday (or maybe if I get hungry tomorrow)
The salad was what I didn't finish yesterday.

One syn for butter and half for the mayo in the little bit of coleslaw that I left yesterday.

Later on, I had an apple and half a dozen strawberries from the garden.

Another Scott Baptie recipe, Mexican chicken traybake, found here.

I made half amounts except for the chicken which was one portion.  After baking (and I followed the recipe), I had half of the vegetables and all of the chicken.  The sauce had one tbsp olive oil, six syns, so I am calling what I had today four syns and the leftovers two syns.

It was delicious.

The remaining cooked veg will either go into the freezer or, more likely, go into a wrap or quesadilla for lunch on Saturday (I already have lunch made for tomorrow)

Summary
no healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
five and a half syns



Tomorrow's meal plans

B:  overnight oats

L:  Spanish tortilla with beans (or maybe salad, it depends on the weather really)

D:  spaghetti with hm meatballs, side salad; fruit

Exercise:  Online class, maybe some gardening - weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment