Friday 24 May 2024

Friday evening, 24-05-24

Good evening, everyone.  
At group this morning, I was struggling not to feel disappointed with a half pound loss.  Yes - a loss, but I wanted more and felt extremely frustrated.  I got loads of understanding and support, which was nice, and it is a pattern I have seen before but . . . still, frustrating.

Jen suggested that I might think about trying a couple of SP days this week and I will give that a go.  SP days are when you have just foods that are speed or protein on the SW plan, plus your usual healthy extras and up to ten syns (but not from foods that are usually classed as 'free').
In other words, go lover carb.

I'm thinking about that.  I'm not so keen on SP days - without some carbs I get a bit bunged up although, to be fair, the healthy B helps.  I do have recipes I can use so - well, let's see.

In the shorter term - aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!
What I have eaten today:

I had planned to have pancakes/waffles but then realised I had planned my healthy B in for dinner so changed breakfast.
I just spray fried some onion, red pepper, pomato and strips of lean bacon with some seasoning and plonked a poached egg on top.  Filling, tasty and colourful so good on the eye.

Syn free.

Salmon with lemon mayo and a lovely choppy salad.  So good

One syn for the salad.

And that's where I stopped fighting the sense of 'It's not fair' - which is ridiculous and real.
I won't show you what else I downed.  I will be proper back on track tomorrow morning - promise.  


Tomorrow's meal plans

B:  soufflé omelette and fruit

L:  some ham salad; fruit

D:  Mexican chicken traybake (a Scott Baptie recipe)

Exercise:  SET class

2 comments:

  1. It must be so frustrating for you Joy, I feel for you. Our bodies and the way they work are a mystery at times aren't they? You'll get the results you want very soon, I'm quite sure of that xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating and reacting as I did last night isn't going to help but not to worry - moving on now with a great day's meals planned (and slightly changed from the above.
      Thanks, Sooze - you are always such an encourager. xx

      Delete