Wednesday 8 May 2024

Wednesday evening, 08-05-24

Good evening, everyone.  
I was very industrious this morning.  I prepped two salads that I know last for more than half a day (unlike lettuce, etc, that goes limp) and improve in flavour.
I made another batch of broccoli salad, including some carrot this time as I didn't have enough broccoli and I made some coleslaw with carrot, cabbage and onion.  I can add some fruit to what I have each time - apple is nice but so is pineapple and I have some of the latter in my freezer.

It always feels good to have stuff prepared and ready.  It helps me stick to plan.
What I have eaten today:

My breakfast tray half way to the garden room.
I used left over Jersey Royals, leftover spray roasted parsnip and sweet potato, onion, pepper, mushroom and tomatoes, all diced and all reheated in Nellie with some vegetable all-rounder from Just Spices and with a spray fried egg on top.  It was lovely.

Syn free.

I know it looks a messy plateful.  The pizza is on the right - well, half of it is; I had the other half afterwards.
But what a lovely load of vegetables, eh?
The coleslaw is one syn (a bit under in fact) for the salad cream, the broccoli salad is two syns and the pizza is one healthy extra A and one healthy extra B.

I called dinner a turkey stroganoff(ish) thing.  It worked out really well and I will post what I did at the bottom.  I had no room left for any fruit.

One tsp grain mustard was half a syn and three cheese triangles was just over half an A.

Summary:
almost two healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

Tomorrow's meal plans

B:  fruit

L:  a sort of turkey coronation chicken wrap or pitta, salad; fruit

D:  sticky turkey (like sticky chicken), veg; fruit

Exercise:  SET class online


Turkey (or chicken) stroganoff(ish) dinner

Ingredients (amounts to own choice)
half an smallish onion, finely sliced
two mushrooms, finely sliced
some cooked chicken or turkey, cut or pulled into strips
chicken stock
garlic granules
half a tsp paprika
one tsp grain mustard
three laughing cow light triangles (or whatever you have)
some 0% Greek yogurt
basmati rice
salt and pepper


Method
Put the rice on to cook
Soften the onion and mushroom in spray oil.
Add turkey/chicken, chicken stock (not loads), grain mustard, garlic granules and paprika, heat until simmering and allow to reduce a bit.
When the rice is almost cooked and most of the stock has reduced down, add the cheese triangles to the turkey mixture and mix until they're all melted down.  Drain the rice, take the sauce off the heat and carefully stir in the yogurt - if it's just below boiling, it shouldn't split.  Taste, add salt and pepper if needed and serve with rice and a bit of salad on the side, if you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment