Sunday 5 May 2024

Sunday evening, 05-05-24

Good evening, everyone.  

What I have eaten today:

I really didn't start feeling hungry until well after midday so I didn't have any breakfast, just coffee.

Sunday sort-of-roast was nice, packed with veg and just a little bit of cranberry sauce on top[ of the chicken - can you see it?

Half a syn for the cranberry sauce.

Kater on, I had some strawberries - they are getting nicer again now.

Dinner.  Steamed salmon and Jersey Royals plus a bit of a different salad - broccoli, red pepper and apple salad (details below) with some leaves, cucumber and tomatoes.

It was very filling and very tasty.

The broccoli salad was three and a half syns but one of those syns was mixed seeds so I can call it part of a B plus one syn for super light mayo.

Summary:
no healthy extra As
part of a healthy extra B
four syns


Tomorrow's meal plans

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette, tomatoes on the side

L:  turkey roast dinner; fruit
I've had a rolled turkey breast in the freezer for absolutely ages and it's more than time it was used up.  Beth and Alex are over for dinner so it's the ideal time.  The rest will either be used up this week or frozen in slices for future meals.
I've gone back several years and made some Jackburgers - those famous carrot, cumin and kidney bean burgers - for Beth as she is vegetarian.  We all love them and the ones left in the freezer will soon be used.  I had to use borlotti beans as I was out of kidney beans but that's not a problem.

D:  Cheesy jacket potato with mince, salad; fruit

Exercise:  it may be a bank holiday but Lindsey is doing the usual circuits class.  Cheers!

OK, the salad.  It's a Thermomix recipe from Cookidoo and I was able to change the amounts to two portions (so I have some left for tomorrow.

The ingredients are:
100g broccoli florets
60g red pepper, cut into chunks
50g eating apple, chunked
10g pine nuts or sunflower seeds (I used mixed seeds)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp mustard
bit of salt and pepper

Throw the lot into the Thermomix bowl and give it seven seconds at speed 4.  And that's it.
You could use a food processor instead.  And you could ring the changes with seasonings, vegetables and dressing ingredients.

Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment