Friday 22 December 2017

Five Frugal Fings

(childish - I know)

I've started this weekly thing to remind me that it's all going frugally well, even when I don't really feel it is.
OK, so this week . . .

1.  I have sorted out the tins and jars cupboard and made a list of all that's in there so that I can start using it up.  To be honest, I'm not sure why I bought some of it but there you go!  Ditto with my herbs and spices shelf.

2.  I sorted and cleaned the fridge so that it was ready for the Christmas rush.  There was some celery and some leeks that were past their best and I didn't have immediate plans for them so they are now in bags, chopped and ready for use from the freezer rather than being chucked.

3.  I suppose this is sensible rather than frugal but I've known for quite a while that my dishwasher is on the way out so I started saving.  Now I have a shiny new dishwasher all ready to be reliable over Christmas and beyond.  Now, I know that one can manage perfectly well without a dishwasher but having been used to one, it's nice to have one again.  The frugal bit is that I saved rather than borrowed with exorbitant interest.  Another frugal bonus is that it has a built in timer so I can delay the start, meaning that it can work away overnight at a cheaper rate.  At the moment, with all the prepping for Christmas, there's more than one load a day, but once that's all calmed down, I need to get into a routine with it all.  Ditto with clothes washing as well actually.

4.  I made tea loaf, bread and biscuits rather than buying, all using stuff I already had in the cupboards.  Now I am prepared for any visitors.

5.  I made Thermomix fudge for gifts.  It's gorgeous, very popular and, as with all Thermione things, is dead easy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment