Saturday 23 December 2017

Saturday, 23-12-17

Good morning.  Two days to go till the so-called Big Day and my home is groaning with extra food.
No, actually that is just a slight exaggeration, but there's more than enough to suit vegetarian, gluten-free person and the rest of us.

My plans for today are:
B:  porridge, fruit, yogurt
S:  orange
L:  tomato and lentil soup - what I should have had yesterday but forgot
S:  apple
D:  crustless quiche, SW chips, side salad.


From the freezer
Just the chips!  Ooops.  However, as I didn't take the ham out yesterday, it has to come out today, as does the Christmas pudding.  And I need to take out a block of butter too.  So it's not all bad news.


The frugal fractor
Same as yesterday for breakfast and lunch.
I'm having quiche because I have some tinned ham left over from making the stuffing and I fancied a quiche.  Having chips with it is pure self indulgence but, hey, it's Christmas (almost)!




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.
Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing well, you must be quite disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks, that is a lovely thing to say. I have my moments and I have a very long way to go but right now I do feel on top of things. Mind you, the gallbladder issues have really made a difference to how much of what I can eat. I can't pig out now because it hurts, ditto for cheese and butter and other very fatty foods.
    Silver lining
    J x

    ReplyDelete