Thursday 14 December 2017

Recipe: a marinade for chicken drumsticks and how to not waste it!

Ingredients:
bit of garlic puree
some honey
some Dijon mustard
some lemon juice
some soy sauce
some cinnamon
All stuff I had in.
(sorry, I didn't measure - anyway, it depends how many you are cooking for)

Method.
Mix the lot together and stir well until it's all amalgamated, more or less.

Place the chicken drumsticks in an ovenproof dish and pour over the marinade.  Cover and leave to marinate for at least two hours, longer, if possible.

Cover with foil and pop into the oven at about 200 fan.

Bake for about 20 to 25 mins until chicken is more or less cooked
Then remove the foil, baste the chicken and replace in the oven for about ten minutes so the chicken browns a bit and the marinade thickens.

Serve.

I didn't use the marinade as a sauce and overnight it had 'jellified' in the dish.  I tasted it and it was delicious so I spooned it out and am going to use it on my steak this evening.  I know it's meat-fusion but it will go really well, I can tell.  No waste = frugal!

No comments:

Post a Comment