Tuesday 12 December 2017

Tuesday, 12-12-17

Good morning!  It was an easier food day yesterday except for changing my mind about what to have for dinner.  I'm glad I did - it worked!

Here's today's plans

B:  muesli with the rest of the stewed rhubarb and strawberries (which is absolutely delicious) and natural yogurt
S:  orange
L:  beans on toast
S:  apple
D:  vegetable curry and rice, yogurt


From the freezer
The bread for toast
the vegetable curry and the rice


The frugal factor
As before, the muesli was a gift and the breakfast fruit was from allotment and garden.
The beans are savers and I add a shot of brown sauce or ketchup (I do for more expensive beans as well, it's not because they are cheaper).
The bread is home made and great value, not to mention tasting scrummy.
The curry was a frugal make when I was doing Pound a Day.

Today is one of those days that help to balance the more expensive days.  Yesterday wasn't bad either.




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment