Thursday 14 December 2017

Thursday, 14-12-17

Yesterday went fine - stuck to the food plans and didn't wander off into paths of iniquity!

Today's plans
B:  muesli, fruit and yogurt
S:  orange
L:  beans on toast (again)
S:  apple
D:  flat iron steak, small baked potato, salad


From the freezer
The flat iron steak
I'm having beans again to avoid putting them in the freezer
Bread for the toast


The frugal factor
The muesli was a gift
The beans are Savers and the bread is home made
The steak may not be frugal but when I bought it, it had just been featured on 'Eat Well for Less and was less that half the price of sirloin.  It isn't now, not now it's been 'discovered'.  Also, It's using up what I have which is another element of frugality




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment