Monday 4 December 2017

Monday, 4-12-17

Good morning.  Here's my plans for today.
B:  porridge, fruit and natural yogurt
S:  orange or apple
L:  toast, soft cheese and marmite
S:  apple or orange
D:  crustless quiche, SW chips, nice side salad


From the freezer
The bread for toast
Cooking bacon for the quiche - I shall cut off all the visible fat so it will be OK


The frugal factor
Breakfast and lunch are both cheap meals, even with the added fruit.  Tomorrow I will perhaps splash out on baked oats as I have an idea for a recipe.
The quiche may not be super-frugal but it's loads cheaper than the ones you buy.  I don't add the low fat cheese in the recipe (tasteless stuff) but I do grate over just a little bit of value not-Parmesan which my gallbladder seems to tolerate. 
The cooking bacon is a great way to buy chopped bacon - really frugal and already half chopped for you.  If you choose carefully, there's not loads of fatty bits either.
Quiche is great for using up leftovers and little bits of stuff.

Here's the recipe I use as a basis, cutting down the amounts and adapting to what I have in.
http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/bacon-and-mushroom-crustless-quiche.aspx





I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment