Friday 15 December 2017

Friday, 15-12-17

Good morning!

Today's plans are a bit vaguer than usual but never mind, I'll share them anyway.

B:  porridge with fruit (strawberry and blueberry), yogurt and maple syrup (I dearly love the smoky sweetness of maple syrup)
S:  orange
L:  toast with soft cheese and marmite (yum)
S:  apple
D:  really not sure but I know it will be something from the freezer


From the freezer
Dinner (whatever that is)
The fruit for my breakfast porridge
The bread for the toast

Since I defrosted and audited the freezer and contents, I have kept notes of what I take out and yesterday I updated the list and printed the new one out.  Despite the long list of things to use up, I feel so much more on top of things and in control now that I know exactly what's there.  It has helped a lot.

The frugal factor
Oats are cheap  :-)
The toast is home made and, while not necessarily as cheap as savers sliced bread or YS loaves, is still very good value and totally delicious!


Things do start getting more complicated as we get closer to the biggest food-fest of the year but my need to stick to very low fat food seems to be keeping me on track remarkably well (for now, anyway).
Fingers crossed.


Edited:  dinner was steak and kidney casserole with potato and cabbage.  It doesn't sound great but it was delicious.  Following that was fresh fruit salad with honey yogurt.  Mmmmmm




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment