Sunday 3 December 2017

Sunday, 3-12-17

Good morning.  Here are today's quite ordinary plans . . .

B:  porridge with fruit and natural yogurt
S:  orange
L:  yellow split pea soup
S:  apple
D:  melon; chicken casserole with jacket potato, cabbage and carrots


From the freezer:
Just the chicken casserole today


The frugal factor
Breakfast and lunch are both very frugal.  The fruit is stewed apple and a few old strawberries left over from yesterday.
The chicken casserole is also leftovers to which I will add extra mushroom and yellow pepper and, maybe, some butter beans, I think.



I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment