Friday 18 October 2019

Friday, 18-10-19

Good morning.

Yesterday's food worked out well.  The soup sort of evolved as I was making it and ended up containing onion, sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin puree, one of my mini chillies, some stock, some light coconut milk, garlic granules and a few dribs and drabs of tikka curry paste (goodness knows how the jar got put back in the fridge, there was so little there I had to swish the inside with water to get it all out) plus water and seasonings.  Oh, and some Philadelphia light - I almost forgot that.
I liked it so much that I have frozen most for the bonfire lunch and have reserved just one more portion for today.
It's quite 'strong' and a small helping is enough - perfect for a lunch.
The coconut milk was four and a half syns, the korma paste was one syn max, the Philly four syns and the rest was free food so, once shared out, each portion is about one and a half syns, if that.  Fine by me!

I really didn't want to make a bigger crustless quiche so I rootled in my cupboard and found a couple of small, square shaped dishes that proclaimed that they were suitable for the oven on the base.
For each one (one for me and one for Beth), the custard took one egg, a dollop or ricotta, some garlic granules, a pinch of mustard powder and some seasoning plus each one used 45g finely grated cheddar, shared between the custard and over the top.  Plus the filling, of course.
I'm really glad to have sorted out amounts for one portion and, given the filling is syn free, all it takes is one and a half healthy extra As.  And it was just the right amount!

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg, tomato and mushroom
SW:  free and filling

L: spicy bonfire soup, apple
As described above.
SW: one and a half syns for the soup.

D:  Curried chicken and cauliflower bake
I found this recipe on the SW Lifeline Online site.  If you can get onto the site, here's the link.
https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/curried-chicken-and-cauliflower.aspx
If you can't, sorry,
I plan to have it with the rest of the protein noodles (which were fine, a reasonable sub for the real thing and I will continue to use them on occasion) and I feel very virtuous because I will add the spinach that the recipe requires, even though it really isn't my favourite veg.
<gives halo a polish>
SW:  one syn for the noodles

Ss:  fruit

Body Magic:  An hour of personal training with Lindsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment