Monday 28 October 2019

Monday, 28-10-19

Good morning.
Yesterday's food went really well - in fact, the whole week is going well and I'm so hoping for a loss on Thursday so I can start making good the damage I did in the previous three weeks.  I've been very good and not stepped on those scales once.

I have some leftover roast lamb - three cheers - so I've been googling recipes.  There's quite a lot out there but I know what I will do with it now.

More cheers for Morrisons.  I took a trip there yesterday a.m. because I was out of mint sauce and they had several veggies on special at 30p a bag or unit.  So I got carrots (needed), parsnips, broccoli (needed) and sweetheart cabbage so no excuses for not having enough F&V this week

Today's plans:
B:  boiled eggs and toasty soldiers, piece of fruit
A nice, easy, classic breakfast.
SW:  four syns for the toast (because I'm having my healthy B at lunchtime).

L:  ham and cheese toasted wrap, coleslaw;  piece of fruit
Like a skinny quesadilla really or a toastie without bread.  There's a bit of onion, pepper and refried beans left over from Saturday so I will layer with that, then a slice of ham, topped with grated cheddar before folding the top of the wrap over (I've already sprayed the outside) and crisping up in a pan.  I do five or six sprays and then use my pastry brush.  It doesn't save much but, as they say, every little helps
SW:  one healthy extra B and half an A plus one syn for the coleslaw mayo

D:  leftover lamb ragu, protein noodles, roasted parsnips; yogurt
Adapted to work with SW, it's basically a rich tomato and veg sauce with the leftover lamb including onion, carrot, other veg as I fancy and I will use a red wine stock pot with chopped tomato.  I'll use protein noodles instead of pasta.  I will have a side of parsnips because I have them in, I haven't had parsnips for ages and they're tasty!  Another to try in the actifry (which, by the way, made perfect roasties in around 35 minutes yesterday).  Free and not speed but there will be plenty of speed in  the ragu sauce.
SW:  half a syn for some Mullerlight and one syn for the protein noodles

S:  30g cheese for one healthy extra A, fruit

Body Magic:  I've booked a Heart and Sole walk - it says half an hour so it'll probably be more like forty five minutes.  Also some PT exercises.

I'm using lots of leftovers today which makes it pretty frugal or, at least, making the best of what I have.  Yesterday's lamb was lavish because leg of lamb is, but it was so delicious, there's not a bit of meat wasted and there wasn't a lot of fat to chuck either.  I don't do a traditional roast all that often because it's just me, so it's nice to have had a reason for one.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, Joy. Lamb is my favourite roast meat but we don't often have it because of the expense. Like you though, when we do we use every last bit of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is delicious, isn't it? A treat worth waiting for.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lamb is my favourite meat and my mouth watered at the thought of a roast leg. I make up toasted wraps just the way you described but I dry fry them in a large frying pan. Turn them over several times and they are lovely and crisp with no extra oil.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like that little bit of spray oil on it. It adds a maximum of five or six calories which is nothing really. Maybe I will dry fry them and see what I think - no point using stuff if I don't need it. Thanks for the tip.
      I think most people love lamb. A shame it is dear but it makes a lovely treat occasionally!
      xx

      Delete