Monday 7 October 2019

Monday, 07-10-19

Good morning.

Photo diary (yes, I remembered to take photos):
I loved breakfast - pumpkin oat waffles.  The mixture actually made a whole round plus one more quarter so I had three quarters for breakfast and kept the other two for a 'free' snack later on.  It worked a treat to keep me going after my swim and before I had lunch.

They come out very cakey so I had an idea and that is to use the recipe and bake it in a small over dish as a sort of tray bake cake.  If not used as a healthy extra B, oats are seven syns for the 40g that it takes so, cut into four, each bit would be two syns  (just under, in fact) or, cut into six, each would be one syn (just over)
I might try that today.

Baked beans on toast don't look all that amazing, I agree, but, oh my, they really hit the spot.  Warming, comforting and filling.  Perfect!









And finally, dinner.  The steak was enormous far bigger than I thought.  You know how package labelling can conceal the contents.  Well that!  It was very, very tender though, really delicious and I managed to force it down!  Well, apart from the fat, of course.  That ended up in the bin because one is not encouraged to feed the wildlife except with 'authorised' stuff.






Being on holiday, I haven't planned each day specifically but I do have a list of possibles and, from that list, today's plans are:
B:  bacon and egg open sandwich thingy with mushrooms and tomatoes on the side
SW:  I will use just one slice of  bread (hence it being 'open') so that's half a healthy extra B

L:  Tuna cheese on toast; fruit or yogurt
I shall just mix cheese with drained tuna, toast one half of the bread, spread the tuna over the other half and melt it under the toaster.  I might mix a tiny bit of mayo in with it to make it into a spread.
SW:  The other half B and one healthy extra A for the cheese

D:  chicken nuggets, sweet potato chips and salad
I know, I'm having a lot of chips but that's allowed on holiday (and any other time too but I wouldn't usually! ).  Anyway, these are sweet potato chips.
SW:  panko breadcrumbs are four and a half syns per 25g but I have no idea how much I will need so I'll work it out as I go. 

Ss:  fruit and lean protein because it worked so well yesterday in terms of preventing the hunger.

Body Magic:  I was going to go off site to visit Brandon Country Park this afternoon to walk one of their trails but I think I'll see how the weather works out first.  There's always tomorrow. 
Swimming also, of course.

3 comments:

  1. These cooler days certainly get the hunger pains going. I was starving yesterday and had to resist cake and all the usual quick fixes. Great idea hold back some good for after swimming, it always makes you hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does. Always, as a child, I was hungry after swimming. Mum used to have apples in her bag for us.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I use baked oats as a pud rather than breakfast.

    ReplyDelete