Tuesday 15 October 2019

Tuesday, 15-10-19

Good morning!

A few days ago, in out local SW Facebook group the question was asked:
"What are your top tips for getting active for free"
Here's my answer.

Walk more instead of taking the car. Aim for a brisker pace.
Run up and down stairs.
Don't 'pool' things at the foot of the stairs until there's enough to make a journey - take things up singly, as and when (and run).

March or jog on the spot for a time while watching telly in the evening.
Press ups against the kitchen work surface while waiting for the kettle or pan to boil.
Ditto with squats/plies/that sort of thing, using the sink or work surface for balance..
Jog from room to room or do 'ministry of silly walks' - but not when there's anyone looking!!
Sweep the leaves up in the garden energetically.
Consider doing Parkrun or Heart and Sole. Both are free and very sociable. Google for more info.
Think about starting C25K. You don't have to do it all, just the first few weeks are great exercise - and it's free! I haven't the courage to jog around the area so I just do it at home.
Look for exercise clips on YouTube. There's loads there and - guess what - free! Or borrow a friend's exercise DVD.


As I typed away, I realised that I do all these things now, it's no longer just head stuff..  I've gone from a sit on my bum, inactive person to one who just does move a lot more.  It's a bit unbelievable as I've never, ever been a sporty type and one tends to equate 'active' with 'sporty'/'team game' stuff which holds no attraction for me whatsoever.
I'm glad it's happened though!

Yesterday's food went well apart from some accidental feta (who am I kidding?) but, because I didn't have the planned breakfast, I think it all evened out more or less OK.  Dinner was good.  I used a small lasagne dish and put in  first of all a layer of softened leek rings.  On top of that went some very thinly sliced ham, then the cooked broccoli and cauliflower and finally the cheese sauce.  It went in the oven for about fifteen minutes.  What with some carrots and sprouts on the side, it was very filling and I only had half of it (although I'd counted the whole) so I have half for breakfast this morning maybe with a bit more ham and a fried egg.

Today's plans:
B:  a cooked breakfast.  
As described above, half of the ham and veg cheesy bake with added ham and a fried egg on top.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and half a syn for the cornflour used to make the sauce.

L:  roasted carrot, tomato and lentil soup; piece of fruit
I have some soup left over from yesterday too.  The amount I made was enough for three so Beth and I shared lunch together and it sorted out today as well.

D:  bolognaise with protein noodles.
I saw these protein noodles in Tesco and was intrigued enough to buy a couple of packs.  Warning, they are NOT cheap.  Also I have no idea what they're like (although reviews seem favourable) but you have to give them a go, don't you?  It might be useful if you want to go SP for a few days.  Anyway, I'll let you know!
I will use one of my frozen portions of cooked savoury mince and some veg on the side.
SW:  one heA for grated cheese on the mince and one syn for the noodles

Ss:  fruit

Body Magic:  I have an aqua class booked today.  Nice!



4 comments:

  1. Really like the ideas for fitting in exercise throughout the day - especially the exercises in the kitchen. I do sometimes just do the odd squat while waiting to stir something 😊
    I'm glad to see you feeling better now - I missed a few days reading blogs and before I knew you'd been feeling overwhelmed you were already back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my squats are 'odd'. lol I don't have an athletic build! And thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on all the exercise stuff. 'Accidental feta' - that did make me smile.

    ReplyDelete