Sunday 27 October 2019

Sunday, 27-10-19

Good morning.  Welcome to British Winter Time.  Yes, I remembered!

The food plans worked really well yesterday.  No photos as for two out of the three I had a guest (or two) and the other was just beans on toast!
The chunky bean and veg soup was just gorgeous and there's enough leftovers for me to have it again for tea today.  It's so nice to be in the soup season again.
As for the quesadillas for dinner, they wend down a treat.  Both kinds has onion and pepper at the bottom and grated cheese at the top, Beth's had spicy refried beans, mashed, and Dad's and mine had spiced up savoury mince.  I have to say the beans worked really well in holding the whole thing together in the wrap while it crisped up in the pan.
Quesadillas is becoming a favourite SW friendly meal for me.

Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
Nice and simple . . .
SW:  . . . and free

L:  dinner really.  Roast lamb, roasties, broccoli, sweet potato
I do the lamb long and slow so it just falls apart - we all love it like that.  I'm going to try the roasties in the actifry.  It does chips so well, it has to work for roasties too, surely.  Worth a try, anyhow.
SW:  a few syns for some mint sauce.  Not from the garden any more, sadly; that's all died back now.

D:  (tea)  chunky bean and veg soup, croutons, grated cheese
I make the croutons by cutting up a slice or two of bread, spraying all over with oil and then popping in a cool to medium oven to crisp up (or maybe the actifry?).  Sometimes I add some garlic granules or some Cajun spice for a bit of ooomph.
SW:  I'm calling it one healthy extra B for the bread, even though I am using two crustless slices, and I will save the other slice for a snack later on, if needed.  Ditto for the cheese which will be two healthy extra As.

S:  little cheese sandwich (see dinner) or maybe melted cheese on toast, fruit

BM:  I will have a go with the balance ball thingy, once the house is my own again.  Also PT exercises and maybe some salsacise too.  Can't refuse at the very last hurdle, can I, and Monday will be the last day of the eight weeks needed to get the gold award.
Then I shall start the platinum award which is basically the same again, by which time you are said to have proved that exercise is a normal and accepted part of your everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment