Tuesday 8 October 2019

Tuesday, 8-10-19

Good morning!

I really loved the tuna cheese melts I made for lunch and will post the recipe separately.  There's some left over so I think I will have that for breakfast, with bacon, on (or maybe in, like a toastie) a slice of wholemeal.
One thing I miss on SW is the occasional slice of white bread.  Things like toasties and nbacon sarnies are actually nicer in white but until the day you can buy single slices of whitre bread, like single apples and oranges, it has to be wholemeal!!
Anyway, it was jolly tasty!

Today I might have to go off SW a bit.
B:  a bacon, tuns and cheese toastie (sort of)
I'm using what's left from yesterday which has already been counted so it's a healthy extra B for the bread.

L:  No idea.  I'm off the Brandon Country Park and will be having lunch at the tearoom there.

D:  smoked salmon and broccoli pasta.
I brought with me a pack of smoked salmon trimmings.  Smoked salmon is never frugal but the trimmings are a lot better value and if you're going to chop it up anyway, you may as well get them as the other.
This is what I shall do.
I will set the pasta to boil with some broccoli.  It'll likely colour the pasta but, as it's wholewheat pasta anyway, it won't matter at all.
Then I will spray fry some onion, pepper, baby corn and mushroom until soft.  When the pasta and broccoli is cooked and drained (reserving a bit of the cooking water), I will add the salmon bits to the onion mix and stir it round, then add some philly light to melt and finally stir in the broccoli and pasta with a bit of the cooking liquid.  I'll add some garlic granules at some point and maybe some lemon juice too. 
SW:  a year ago, Philly light used to be counted as a healthy extra A before, annoyingly, they took it off the list.  I'm synning it but also counting it as a sub for my As today.  It's two syns for 25g and I'll probably have between four and six syns-worth

Ss:  fruit

BM:  a three and a half mile walk around one of the trails in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment