Thursday 24 October 2019

Thursday, 24-10-19

Good morning, everyone.
Yesterday was SW group (because pottery has started again so I can't go Thursdays) and, yes, it was a disaster.  For the first time, I'm not saying but it was not good, not good at all.  The line has been drawn though, as you know, so it's all downhill from now on!

I changed my plans yesterday.  When I went to the freezer, I say a pasta bake thing that I had frozen (home made/leftovers) so I had that for lunch and then made a SW recipe for chicken, bacon anbd mushroom risotto which was really nice with some broccoli.

I then used the broccoli stem to make some soup that I will be having today.  Nice.

Here's today's plans:
B:  'fried' tomatoes on toast, apple
I put fried in inverted commas because it's not really.  I spray the bread with oil and then pop it under the grill to crisp up.  It's nicer than just toast.  I still have tomatoes ripening in the bowl inside so this is a very frugal breakfast.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread.

L:  broccoli soup, orange
To make this I boiled up half an onion, a bit of carrot, the broccoli stem and some veg stock and then zizzed it down.  It came out very thick so I will slacken it with some milk and a bit of ricotta for a slightly cheesy flavour.  Very frugal and it'll taste great.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the milk

D:  beanburger, veg (probably red peppers) and SW chips
I'm not sure if Beth is having dinner with me or not this evening (because of going on to pottery together) but, assuming she is, I may as well make this a vegetarian day.
I'll make the beanburgers by zizzing together onion, carrot, pulses (from the freezer), breadcrumbs, egg, grated cheese and seasonings before shaping and chilling.  I have loads of red peppers* and will make the SW style chips in the actifry.
SW:  a bit vague until I actually make them but I will use the other half of my healthy B on the breadcrumbs and some of the remaining one and a half As on the cheese.  It'll probably need some flour so that will be a few syns.

S:  none

BM:  salsacise and PT 'homework'

* I have loads of peppers because the other day in Morrisons they had bozes of 'too good to waste' peppers at £1 for seven peppers - six red and one yellow.  They also had a box of seven oranges for the same price.
I don't know about 'too good to waste' bit these were too good to leave.

4 comments:

  1. We had a veggie day yesterday, supper was a SW Dahl recipe with some rice, the dhal was very easy and quick, and very delicious and with a home made fridge bottom soup for lunch I hope it's done me good. Got a GP appt tomorrow a.m. to 'discuss my cholesterol level'. I enjoy my wine of an evening and find it hard to not have cake when out for a coffee, which since retiring I do rather a lot of. But, since doing SW I know how much I've changed my diet and I'm a bit peeved but rah! Wait and see what he says. And my waist is still 34 ins so I know that's not good. BMI is 27 so I know they needs to change but I don't know if I've got it in me to lose the 7-14 lbs that requires. I've stalled and this week I've stopped going to group, I don't want to pay £5 to meet friends I've made when I see them elsewhere. I will deal with the health issues. Joy, sorry to sound negative, you don't need that, hope I don't put you off. I think you sound like you will get there. Winter soups are great fillers, hopefully they will help us all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe one has to do whatever is best for one. |For one person that might mean going to a grup, another finds counting caloriers works, another going vegetarian, perhaps . . . there's so many ways not no one way works for everyone because it's not just about the food.
      Good luck with the appointment. I hope it's very helpful for you. Do let me know how it goes.
      And here's to home made soups - the best thing on the planet!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Bless you Joy. Appointment was ok, more of a review because my cholesterol has been a bit raised over a long period so we discussed what I do or should/could do. I think I know and just need to apply things a bit better. Up my exercise particularly trying to introduce some resistance work. Unlike you I don't fancy having a PT. Mind you I admitted my liking for a couple of glasses of wine most nights and that I know I should cut that down to which he asked me if I thought I needed help with that? Oh dear. I wanted to ask if he meant someone to pour me another glass! Joking aside it was a bit of wakeup call and I'm going to be better. I've already made lots of changes in my weight loss journey so if I get the waist measurement and the bmi down I hope it'll help. I've also started having a benecol yogurt drink every day as the plant stanols are meant to help reduce the bad cholesterol. I've always thought they were costly snake oil but I determined to lose weight when I went to SW so this is my next mission/challenge and it's all connected with a healthy me. Thanks for listening xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has made me chuckle!
      I gather alcohol is a shocker for all sorts of medical issues so, sad as it sounds, cutting down might work wonders. Good luck with it all.
      xx

      Delete